Open in new window to print
Title: Creamed Shrimp
2 T butter, softened
3 T flour
1 Cream of Celery soup (lo-fat)
¾ c Pearmund Cellars Riesling
2 T fresh lemon juice
¼ t onion powder
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a large skillet blend butter and flour until smooth over medium heat.
2. Slowly blend in soup. Add wine, lemon juice and seasonings (salt & pepper to taste).
3. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
4. Add shrimp and cook 8 – 10 minutes.
5. Serve over rice or noodles. Add parsley, if desired.
Optional: Double amount and cut fat! Skip butter and flour – use TWO cans Celery soup (lo-fat).
1 cup Pearmund Cellars Riesling (add more, as needed, for consistency). Keep other ingredients as is!
Wine Pairing: Vint Hill Chardonnay
Recipe provided by Pearmund Cellars, Broad Run, Virginia.