Open in new window to print
Title: Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Minted Melon Salsa
¼ c olive oil
1 small onion (about 6 ounces), diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 serrano chili pepper, minced
2 T fresh thyme, minced
1 T paprika
1 t allspice
¼ t ground cinnamon
¼ t grated nutmeg
2 t pepper
1 t salt
2 pork tenderloins (about 12 ounces each)
Additional Olive Oil for sautéing
½ c Handley Gewurztraminer
Melon Salad ingredients:
2 c diced cantaloupe
2 c diced honeydew melon
1 T honey
1 T snipped spearmint
1. Heat olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat, add onion and sauté until nearly cooked
2. Add garlic and pepper and sauté for another minute. Remove from heat, cool.
3. Place cooled onion mixture in a blender, add the remaining rub ingredients and process until well blended. If it is too thick, add a few drops more oil. The rub just need to be spreadable.
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Slice silver skin from tenderloins and remove any excess fat.
3. Brush about half of the jerk rub over the tenderloins.
4. Heat a large oven proof sauté pan, add 2 T of additional olive oil to pan.
5. When heated, sauté pork until brown and fragrant.
6. Add wine to pan, brush on additional rub if desired, and place the pan in the oven to roast for about 20
minutes, or until the fattest part of the roasts read 160°.
7. Remove roasts from the pan and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
8. Place on serving dish and pour pan juices over the slices.
Minted Melon Salad:
1. Combine both melons, the honey, and the spearmint.
2. Serve sliced tenderloin with the melon salad.
Optional: Tenderloins can also be grilled over hot coals, basting occasionally with the jerk
rub. Grilling also takes about 20 minutes to reach 160 internal degrees.
Recipe Handley Cellars, Philo, California.