Open in new window to print
Title: Curried Chicken Salad with Marionberries
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 3 chicken breasts)
1 T of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 c reduced fat mayonnaise
1 T dry white wine
2 T mango chutney
½ T curry powder
¼ T lemon juice
¼ t ground ginger
1 green onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
¼ c raisins
2 c fresh or frozen Marionberries
½ c roasted salted cashews
1. Heat olive oil in nonstick cooking pan, add chicken breasts and sauté for 5 minutes turn over and sauté for 5 more minutes or until done.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Remove from pan and cool in refrigerator for 20 –30 minutes.
4. Cut meat into ½ inch cubes.
5. Combine mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder, lemon juice and ginger in a large bowl.
6. Add chicken onions, celery and raisins and fresh or frozen Marionberries; toss to coat.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. If using frozen berries allow salad to sit in refrigerator for ½ hour before serving.
9. Immediately before serving add cashews.
Serve on a bed of lettuce or in pocket bread.Serves 4
Recipe provided by the Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission.