Open in new window to print
Title: Wine Jelly from any Wine
3½ c of wine
½ c lemon juice
1 package of Sure Jell
4½ c granulated sugar
6 half-pint (or 3 pint) Mason jars with lids and rings
1. Wash jars, lids and rings. Place jars in a boiling water bath and boil for ten minutes. Keep jars warm until filled with jelly.
2. Measure 3½ cups of wine and place in a minimum of a 5-quart pan. Consider using a larger than 5-quart pan since the rapid boiling will cause the foam to almost overflow in a 5-quart pan.
3. Add the lemon juice and the box of Sure Jell.
4. Bring this mixture to a boil.
5. Slowly add the sugar while continuously stirring.
6. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
7. Remove from the heat and skim off foam, if any.
8. Ladle into Mason jars to ½ inch of the top. Clean the rim of the jar with a clean, damp cloth. Place a jar lid and tighten with a ring.
9. Place the jars into a water bath. Cover the jars with at least ½ inch of water and boil for five minutes. Remove the Mason jars from the water and place on a cooling rack.
Yield: 6 half pint Mason jars or 3 pint Mason jars plus a little bit left over.
Provided by Wine Trail Traveler.