Open in new window to print
Title: Savory Cherry Sauce
1 c Northwest fresh sweet cherries, pitted
4 T water, divided
1/4 c dry red wine
3 T honey
2 T red wine vinegar
1 t fresh thyme leaves
1/2 t dry mustard
salt to taste
2 t cornstarch
1. Combine cherries, 3 tablespoons water and all remaining ingredients except cornstarch.
2. Cover and simmer gently 10 minutes.
3. Combine cornstarch and remaining water; stir into cherry mixture.
4. Cook and stir until mixture thickens; simmer 1 minute.
5. Serving Tip: Serve with fish or poultry.
Yield 1 1/4 c
Recipe provided by Northwest Cherries.