Open in new window to print
Title: Katherine’s Spicy Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
3 T of olive oil
1 T of garlic, crushed
1 T dried basil
1 T oregano
2-28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
1-6 oz can of tomato paste
1/2 c of Syrah
1 dry bay leaf
1 t of salt
1 t of pepper
1/2 t of cayenne pepper
1 T of sugar
1. Start with a large pot, this recipe makes a lot of sauce.
2. Saute onion in olive oil for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, basil and oregano and cook one minute longer.
4. Add beef and cook until brown.
5. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Serve over spaghetti noodles.
Pairs well with Milbrandt Vineyards 2007 The Estates Syrah.
Recipe created by Katherine Leone Milbrandt, Milbrandt Vineyards, Prosser, Washington.