Open in new window to print
Title: Mushroom Merlot Soup
1 white onion, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 T olive oil
4 quarts heavy cream
½ bottle Knapp Merlot
8 c sliced mushrooms
Corn starch to thicken
2-3 ounces of beef base or a cup of broth
1. Place the onion, celery and garlic in large pot with olive oil and sauté until translucent.
2. Add mushrooms and wine and cook until mushrooms become soft.
3. Add cream and beef broth. Heat thoroughly.
4. Mix corn starch with cold water and slowly add to soup until desired thickness.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes about 16 8-ounce servings.
Provided by Knapp Winery Vineyard and Restaurant, New York