Open in new window to print
Title: Chicken Artichoke Soup
Courtesy of of Chef Fred from the Tecumseh Club, this was served with our Chardonnay at the March Wine Trail event.
½ lb English Cheddar
1 lb chicken breast, cooked and chopped
8 oz artichoke heart wedges
1 qt heavy whipping cream
½ qt chicken stock 1 tsp. salt
1 t granulated garlic
1 t white pepper
1 T basil
½ c Chardonnay
1 ½ c roux
1. Combine cream, chicken stock, chardonnay, salt, white pepper, garlic, and basil. Heat to a boil.
2. Just before the mixture boils, add half of the roux.
3. Once boiling, add more roux, until the desired consistency is reached.
4. Now, add the chicken breast, artichokes, and cheese.
5. Slow boil for five minutes or so, and serve.
Provided by Pentamere Winery, Michigan