Open in new window to print
Title: Creamy Crab Bisque
1/4 c chopped onion
2 T margarine or butter
3 T flour
1/2 c of Bastress Mountain White
2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans of crab meat, drained, reserving the liquid
2 c (1 pint) half-and-half
1 egg yolk
Substitute Vidal or Riesling for the Bastress Mountain White
1. In medium saucepan, cook onion in margarine until tender.
2. Gradually stir in flour and pepper; add wine and reserved crab liquid.
3. Cook and stir until thickened; remove from heat.
4. Blend half-and-half with egg yolk; stir in wine mixture along with crab meat.
5. Heat through (do not boil).
6. Garnish with paprika if desired.
Makes about 1 quart.
Provided by Bastress Mountain Winery, Williamsport, Pennsylvania