Open in new window to print
Title: Easy Beef Vegetable Soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
½ c. Ingleside Cabernet Franc
1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg (16oz) frozen vegetable blend of your choice
1 can (16oz) Kidney Beans, undrained
1 can (14 ½ oz) beef broth
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 garlic clove minced
Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Optional Garnish
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Deglaze pan with Ingleside Cabernet Franc.
3. Add tomatoes, vegetables, beans, beef broth, and taco seasoning; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
5. Garnish with cheese if desired. Serve with tortilla chips next to the soup for a fun alternative to crackers.
Serves 10 -12
Provided by Bruce Perrygo, Ingleside Vineyards, Virginia.