Open in new window to print
Title: Fisherman's Wharf Soup With Rice
5 c chicken broth
¼ c dry white wine
1 T butter or margarine
1 t thyme leaves, crushed
½ t salt
1/8 t ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
½ c uncooked rice
1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into thin strips 2-inches long
2 ribs celery, sliced
½ c sliced green onions
1½ lbs fillet of sole or other white fish, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 c torn fresh spinach
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine chicken broth, wine, thyme, salt, pepper and bay leaf in large saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil; add rice.
3. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
4. Add cucumber strips, celery, green onions and fish.
5. Return to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach and parsley. Simmer 2 minutes.
7. Remove bay leaf.
Recipe provided by USA Rice Federation.