Open in new window to print
Title: Lakewood Pear & Walnut Crumble
2 – 15 cans of pears (halves)
1 T lemon juice
½ c, plus 1 T flour
¼ c sugar
2 T Lakewood Vineyards Port
½ c walnuts, finely chopped
¼ c light brown sugar
½ t salt
6 T butter (cut into pieces)
¾ c crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Drain the pairs and cut into slices. In a bowl, toss the pears with the lemon juice, 1 T flour, sugar and Port. Arrange the pear mixture in a baking dish (there will be liquid too, that’s OK.).
- Combine the remaining ½ c four, brown sugar, walnuts and salt. Add the butter pieces, working them in with your fingers, a pastry cutter or fork, until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle this over the pear mixture.
- Bake until it is golden brown and the pear mixture is bubbling (about 30 minutes.) Remove from the oven and sprinkle the blue cheese over the top. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes (until the cheese is melted.)
- Remove from oven and let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy warm with Lakewood Vineyards Port.
Provided by Lakewood Vineyards, New York