Open in new window to print
Title: Suquet de Rap Calamars i Gambes
Stew of Monkfish, calamari and prawns
12 monkfish medallions
16 squid rings
2 prawns from Vilanova
2 cloves of garlic
8 ripe tomatoes
Sliced and diced: almonds, garlic, parsley (Use your judgement.)
Fish Fumet (fish stock/broth)
1. Heat oil and add very small chopped onion, and the garlic cloves. Sauté.
2. Add tomato, and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and let it reduce, then add the broth.
4. Next fry the sliced and diced almonds, garlic and parsley with some olive oil. Mix with above mixture.
5. Add the rings of squid, and leave to cook inside the pan, for 5 minutes
6. Add the monkfish and let cook 2 minutes more.
7. Add the fish fumet, mixing all and with the heat turned off, add the prawns.
8. Allow to rest 2 minutes, and it is ready to serve.
Recipe provided by Juvé y Camps Winery
Recipe created by Joan Llopart Noya