Open in new window to print
Title: Fruit Salad in Strawberry Wine Syrup
1 c Duplin Scuppernong
½ c Water
¼ c Duplin Winery Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves
¼ c Sugar
1 T Honey
2 c Watermelon (Large dice)
2 c Cantaloupe (Large dice)
2 c Honeydew (Large dice)
1 c Grapes
1 c Strawberry (halved)
1 T Fresh mint leaves (minced)
Directions for Vinaigrette
1. In medium saucepan, whisk together the Duplin Scuppernong, water, Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves, sugar and honey.
2. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Chill in refrigerator for at least 30-45 minutes.
4. Fold chopped melons, grapes and strawberries into strawberry wine syrup.
5. Garnish with some minced fresh mint and enjoy accompanied by nice glass of Duplin Scuppernong.
Provided by Duplin Winery, North Carolina.