Saturday, 29. January 2011
Are you looking for a spicy chicken recipe that uses wine? Check out the following recipe from the historic Galleano Winery in California. More poultry recipes using wine are available on the Wine Trail Traveler website. Enjoy!
2-3 T olive
3 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
½ c onion, minced
2-3 cloves garlic, halved
1 can whole tomatoes (28oz)
1 c Galleano Cucamonga Peak White
1/4 – 1/2 t salt
¼ t black pepper
¼ t crushed red pepper
1/3 c minced parsley
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown chicken pieces until golden brown, place in a large ovenproof casserole.
- Using the same skillet, sauté the onion and garlic until transparent and limp, approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper, red pepper and parsley.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes and pour over the chicken.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serve with pasta or rice
Provided by Galleano Winery in Mira Loma, California