Saturday, 30. April 2011
If you enjoy Risotto, check out this recipe for Proscuitto and Green Pea Risotto. You may already have most of the ingredients available in your kitchen. Since it only calls for a half cup of dry white wine, enjoy the rest of the wine with dinner.
Proscuitto And Green Pea Risotto
3 c water
2 c chicken broth
2 T butter
1/2 c proscuitto or ham, diced
1 c uncooked U.S. arborio or medium grain rice
1/2 c dry white wine
1 c frozen green peas, thawed
1 c thinly sliced green onions
1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1 T chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 t ground white pepper
- Heat water and broth in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add proscuitto; cook until brown around edges, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water-broth mixture. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining water-broth mixture, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another. Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in peas, green onions, cream, cheese, basil and pepper. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipe provided by USA Rice Federation