The recipe below for Chilled Grilled Chicken Breast is from Wollersheim Winery located in Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin. Note that the recipe can be made the day before and also it may be wonderful for a warm summer day.Wollersheim Winery, one of Wisconsin’s oldest and largest wineries, offers a wide variety of wines. If you will be in the area, be sure to stop at the winery for a wine tasting and tour. While visiting ask about the wine cave that was recently opened after renovation.
Chilled Grilled Chicken Breast with Domaine du Sac Artichoke Sauce
By chef Scott McGlinchey and Amanda Meyer at Wollersheim Winery in Wisconsin
4-6 oz. chicken breast
8 oz. Wollersheim Domaine du Sac wine (a dry red wine)
3 oz. grape seed oil
3 shallots minced
5 cloves garlic minced
16 oz. can of diced tomatoes
12 oz. artichoke hearts quartered
6 oz. kalamata olives halved
6 oz. crumbled feta cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill until just barely done.
2. Remove from grill and toss with 2 oz Domaine du Sac, 1 T rosemary, 1 clove minced garlic and 1 oz Cuisine Perel grape seed oil. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
3. For sauce, heat remaining grape seed oil over medium heat and add shallots and garlic and sauté till translucent. Add 6 oz Domaine du Sac and reduce by half.
4. Add diced tomatoes (use fresh when in season) artichokes and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in olives and rosemary, allow to cool for 10 minutes then add the Feta cheese. Season with pepper then salt.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
7. Place chicken over sauce and enjoy with a glass or two of the wonderful Domaine du Sac.
Recipe provided by Wollersheim Winery in Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin