The Maryland Wine Festival at the Carroll County Farm Museum in Westminster, Maryland is celebrating its 30th anniversary on September 21 and 22. Rather than driving and parking at the museum, it is recommended that attendees use the shuttles available at the Carroll Community College and the Carroll County Office Building.
Visitors to the Maryland Wine Festival will discover an assortment of things to enjoy.
- Wine Tastings from many Maryland wineries
- Learning sessions include: educational seminars on tasting Maryland wines, Chair Seat Weaving & Caning, Carroll wood carving, and techniques for using grapes to make wine.
- Arts and Crafts
- Live Music
Two types of tickets are available. The Premier Pass holders receive the same as the regular ticket holders plus entry into the Premier Tent that offers:
- Sampling of premium Maryland wines, many not offered outside the Premier Tent
- A large glass to use in the Premier tent and elsewhere throughout the festival
- Gourmet food samples
- An opportunity to meet winemakers
- A blind tasting with Maryland wines and wines from outside of Maryland
If the Premier tickets interest you, be sure to get your tickets early, as only 400 tickets for each day are available.
Advance tickets are available at
Volunteers Are Needed
Many festivals are dependent upon volunteers. This festival is in need of volunteers to sell tickets, check IDs, apply wristbands, monitor gates and more. Volunteer shifts are only three hours. Each volunteer receives free admission to The Maryland Wine Festival. If you are interested in volunteering at the Maryland Wine Festival visit the volunteer page at http://www.marylandwine.org/mwf/volunteer/
Wineries are also looking for volunteers to help at the tasting booths. If you are interested in helping to pour wines at the festival, check with individual winery