Spring is just around the corner! Officially spring starts Monday, March 20. Check out the recipe below that calls for fresh asparagus and artichokes, springtime favorites. For this recipe you need either a little dry (white) vermouth or dry white wine.
Broiled Asparagus & Artichokes with Vermouth Brown Butter
12 fresh baby artichokes: quartered, cleaned & prepped and steamed al dente.
1 lb. asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/8 black pepper
3 T salted butter
2 T dry (white) vermouth or dry white wine
1 t fresh lemon juice
- Position a rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler on high.
- Pat dry cooked artichoke quarters. Trim asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the artichokes and asparagus with 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper.
- Broil until browned and tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 Tbsp. salted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until fragrant and beginning to brown, about 1-½ minutes. Carefully whisk in 2 Tbsp. dry (white) vermouth or dry white wine (it will splatter).
- Toss the asparagus and artichokes with the brown butter and 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve.
Recipe provided by Ocean Mist Farms