Before you know it, Mother’s Day will have arrived. No matter what area of the country you live in, you can find Mother’s Day cards and gift ideas. So what’s different with the list of suggestions below? These suggestions are for moms who might enjoy wine related items.
For this year consider some of these ideas. Of course, I’ll begin with a copy of our recently published book, “A Wine Journey.”
1. A Wine Journey: If planning a visit to Three Fox Vineyards in Delaplane, Virginia on Mother’s Day, you can purchase the book, meet the authors and have the book signed. The book is also available through several online stores including Amazon and Barnes & Noble. More information is available online.
2. A bottle of wine: Buy a special pen that writes on glass and write, “Happy Mother’s Day 2013″ on it. After enjoying the wine, the wine bottle becomes a keepsake.
3. Winery visit: If your mom lives in a wine region, give her a special time by treating her to a visit at a winery. Many wineries host a variety of events and numerous wineries have restaurants.
4. Wine glasses: Purchase a pair of wine glasses and paint them with permanent paints or tie a ribbon with a carnation or rose to the stems. When purchasing wine glasses, look for clear wine glasses with a thin lip and good balance.
5. Varietal Grape Seed Oil: Grape seed oil is more unusual than olive oil making it a special gift for the cook. We have used varietal grape seed oil from AprèsVin. The company produces several styles and our favorites are Lime Riesling and Grapefruit Chardonnay.
6. Decanter: Wine decanters can be used for both white and red wines.
7. Wine glass charms: When enjoying wine and mingling with others, wine charms are a great way to keep track of your own wine glass.
8. Locally made: Frequently in addition to selling wines, wineries feature locally made products. Browse the selections and choose an item that is unique and will be remembered.
9. Art: Many wineries provide wall space for artists to display their pieces of art.
10. Flowers: Flowers that remind one of a wine aroma. Help your Mom start a wine aroma/sensory garden. Checkout the sensory garden at Reif Estate Winery located in Canada’s Niagara-on-the-Lake.